- 2 cups flour (all-purpose or bread flour)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
Simple Icing Ingredients:
- 4-6 teaspoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
Cream Cheese Icing Ingredients:
- 3 ounces softened cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- For the filling, soften 1/4 cup of butter and in a separate bowl mix together the brown sugar and cinnamon. Set aside until ready to use.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in the butter.
- Stir in the milk to form a soft dough.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough into a rectangle about 1/4-inch thick.
- Spread the softened butter over the rolled out dough into within 1/4-1/2-inch of the edges.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar filling over the butter.
- Starting at one of the long sides, tightly roll up the rectangle.
- With a sharp knife, slice into 12 equal pieces. Place them in a greased baking pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes.